Friday, March 25, 2011

March 26th (already!)

Okay, I have officially been a slacker with this blog, but I have a really good excuse I promise! It has been absolutely flat out in here and I honestly can't believe it's only been just over a month since I walked, shaky-kneed through the front door.

After three nights at the Taste of Sydney festival, I fell, exhausted, into a heap and with the aid of my eye mask and ear plugs managed to sleep in until 1pm on Sunday! I certainly needed the rest, and it was a healthy reminder that I had definitely been burning the candle at both ends. Hectic, it certainly was, but I had a great time and it was awesome meeting so many fans.

This week's major challenge was creating 60 (!) 6'' round cakes in the exact likeness of Nivea cream and it was a little like a production line with everyone contributing. While we originally thought a DEI (digitally enhanced image) would work for the logo's, once on it was decided that this really didn't cut it. Instead we hand-cut out each of the logos and then covered the entire cake in gel to give it that polished look. These were definatily a labour of love, but I reckon the end result speaks for itself. Here's Ritzy with 13 of them:

I must run, its Round 3 of Cupcake Bites today, Planet Cake's cupcake teaser (luckily Margie gave me a crash course in cupcake figurine modeling yesterday!) but I promise more photo's next week.


Neen x

1 comment:

  1. Has it really been a month already? Where has the time gone? So glad to hear that you are enjoying the journey - looking forward to your next blog update. xoxo CK

    ReplyDelete